Monday, September 10, 2007

Ragging, anti-ragging

The question is this:
What is my stand on ragging? Is it for or against ragging or do I desire a third alternative? Once I clarify my stand, is there anything that can stop me from acting by it? What can I do to overcome these obstacles and act out what I really want?



Ragging means a person is being made to live in fear and terror. Subjugating another human being or dominating him is something I can never agree with. I believe love and oneness to be the basis of most things so filling someone with fear, and laughing and having fun at his expense is a despicable act fit for cowards. The desire to subjugate another indicates incompleteness in oneself doesn’t it? It is very few individuals who rise to the level of understanding the futility of ragging. It is extremely beautiful and appreciable if I have grown to be such an individual.
So I am completely against ragging, that is clear.
So what am I for – nothing extra – nothing unusual – just talking normally.
Cool.
This means that I will never ever join a group of people ragging a junior.
If I see harsh ragging taking place I’ll try to stop it.
I affirm that keeping my life mission in perspective I will have the courage to refuse any offers of ragging my batch mates may make.
Also I feel that it is very obvious that healthy interaction should occur between seniors and juniors and so if ever I meet a junior I will try to start conversations and will try to help him in the best possible way.
I realize that I may face a lot of opposition from my own batch mates if I try to interact in a healthy way with juniors.
But that’s about it.
It’s better to be yourself and make a fool of yourself than to try to be someone else and make a fool of yourself anyway.

2 comments:

Sophie Broflovski said...

Whoa! Wish I had seniors like this :|

Anonymous said...

wow! plz make ur frnds to this and be an inspiration to others ALL THE BEST