Monday, September 10, 2007

Can a man change the Universe?

A man can change the thoughts that people have. He can change the things that people do and thus change their thoughts. He can make them happier. He can stop the actions of other men that stem from undesirable thoughts. But can he actually change the world. Depends on what "world" means! If world means the physical world, he can. If world means the minds of men, he can to some extent – he can change the minds of some men. If world means the Universe as a whole, he cannot. From what I have read and to a very small extent experienced, I can say that a man can only change himself and by doing so and in no other way can he change the world. I can heal myself. I can change the way I see the world. I can alleviate the poverty in some people’s lives. But that wil not make the Universe better. That is the most important thing to note. That can expand my consciousness and make me better.

My mind’s a bit clearer. Journaling works ! J

1 comment:

T said...

I think giving some of our time is more important than money, at least at our age. I think these days people think money can solve a lot of problems; but, in reality, somebody still needs to put in the time to do the work. And sometimes helping out doesn't necessarily mean alotting a specific time for a task and doing but can be as little as the a person who brings awareness about certain issues and is an active carrier of the message 24/7. Like, for example, bringing awareness AIDS, or bringing awareness about domestic violence, or the dowry problem. Of course, people who talk and don't do anything really dont make a difference either; but, you get the idea!