Monday, September 10, 2007

Posteriorities

Posteriorities mean those things which we cannot do when we introduce certain things as priorities in our life.
When I decided to get up at 6:30 AM everyday, sleep became a posteriority because I was habituated to sleeping at around 1 AM which meant I started feeling sleepy in class. This meant I came back from class and slept again, something I almost never did.
Similarly when I started using some of my time for mailing training applications, volleyball, an evening bath, reading these became posteriorities. Again becoming phoenix secy also made these my posteriorities.
The point is time management is easy. But there’s a catch. If I am spending my time in a particular way throught the day and now I need to fit in something new, it is most obvious the I must remove something to! I f I continue doing the same things and expect to find an extra hour, that is not possible. If what I am introducing newly is a really big priority, then I will be unconsciously deleting a lot of regular activities from my day. But if this new thing is just a new thing – a thing I want to do but – not really –well- then all those things which my days are filled up with will remain filled up and I might complain as I sleep – I have no time for thi new thing. What I am saying is – if I keep spending my time in exactly the same activities I am spending it on now, then there’s no way I can fit in something new in the same 24 hours. I may feel the time is already up! I hope there wee\re 26 hrs in a day! But the fact is a 26 hr day would have me gasping for 28 hrs because it is not the hrs that are the problem, it is the conditioned way of spending time which I am trying to keep and change at the same time that is the problem.

1 comment:

T said...

I like this post! You are right, I keep on forgetting that the given time in a day is constant; it is the limiting factor. I complain about how I have no time for doing this or that and yes, I won't have time for something new that I think needs my time unless I delete some of my other less important activities from my day. For example, wasting time on the web with these posts... :P
But then again, these are my way or relaxing, I guess! Or so I tell myself.